Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 134 - The Lost Years

I am 38 years old, and while I am probably in the best shape of my life... I am still, well.... 38 years old. I think I look good for my age, but I often think (ruefully) about how great I could have looked if I'd paid more attention to diet and exercise in my 20's and early 30's!!!

Of course it's too late to go back, but I spent much of those years hiding in baggy clothes, and I get disappointed with myself when I think about it! Of course, as my husband pointed out, things happen for a reason, and had I been little miss hard-body in my 20's my whole life might have turned out differently.... I might be a washed up playboy bunny now instead of a successful business woman! ha!

I'm still a little sore from all that dancing on Saturday night (CRAZY), but I got out for a nice easy 40 minute run last night anyway... which made me feel a lot better. This week, instead of going to 1600 calories everyday, I am going to eat 1600 on exercise days, and stay at 1500 on rest days and see how that goes. Didn't do too great yesterday, I was under 1400!!! I thought I was eating a LOT... my dinner plate was PILED HIGH with food.... and I was stuffed!

1 comment:

  1. I often wish I had gotten my weight off for my wedding (2 yrs ago). I was not happy with the wedding pics at all. When I try on my dress it literally falls off ! I would love to redo the whole dress and picture thing ! Oh well. Your husband is a wise man, he's right. Things do happen for a reason .........

    ReplyDelete