Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 121 - It's Hard Eating More

Yeah, I know... I bet nobody feels sorry for me!

I sat down last night after I got home from doing weights at the gym and my 6km run to input all my food into Calorie King, and I realized I had come up short again for calories for the day. Even after adding a half a banana extra to my breakfast and the other half to my lunch, and having a third pork souvlaki skewer at dinner (where I would have normally only had 2) and extra brussel sprouts. So, even though I wasn't really hungry, I made some popcorn to bring myself over 1400.

I commented to my husband how hard it is eating more, and he laughed at me. He noted that when I am "off the wagon", I have absolutely NO trouble eating more... TONS and TONS more. He is absolutely right, I am an all or nothing sort of person. It's really easy to eat tons of food if you aren't paying attention, but when you are being mindful to eat healthy things, it's a little harder (I can only eat so many brussel sprouts before I get a tummy ache!). I don't really want to increase my meals TOO much, because frankly, they satisfy me now, and I don't want to increase my appetite too much. I could snack, but I have always found that snacks just leave me wanting more, and so I generally avoid them.

My personal trainer suggested a few things for me to try: (1) switch from some of my light products e.g. from light laughing cow to regular, or from fat free sour cream to light, etc; (2)Add nuts and/or dried fruit to my morning oatmeal; (3) Eat a piece of dark chocolate with one of my meals; or, (4) Drink a glass of wine with dinner. All these things will increase my calories without resulting in a ton more food, volume-wise, so my appetite will hopefully not increase and make me hungry all the time...

Here is what I ate yesterday:

1 comment:

  1. I swear...... you sound so much like me it is scarey ! I remeber when eating more was becoming exhausting !!!! I love your trainer's tricks......sound like a great way to start !!!

    ReplyDelete