Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 120 - Weight Loss by the Numbers

So, I have decided to increase my calories to 1400 per day. I know this doesn't seem like a big increase, and I know I will have to increase even more, but I want to take it slow (because I am a Nervous Nellie!!) Yesterday, I tried adding in an afternoon snack because that is usually the time when I am hungriest... right after I get home from work at about 4:30pm with the kids while we are waiting for my husband to get home for dinner at about 6:30pm. Sometimes that can be a really LONG 2 hours!! Today I am going to try just adding some calories to my breakfast and lunch, and see which I prefer (eventually I will probably be able to do both!)...

Just for the fun of it, I have compiled some interesting statistics from my weightloss journey...

# of days to reach goal weight: 118
# of pounds lost: 40.8
# of calories on average I ate each day: 1467
# of calories on average I burned each day through exercise: 373
# of days that I ate over 2000 calories: 8
# of days that I ate over 5000 calories: 1
# of laughing cow cheese wedges eaten: 129
# of grapefruits eaten: 57
# of hours spent rambling to poor husband about dieting: countless!

I am going to try weighing myself every morning (for now) but I will continue to report my weight here only once per week.

Here is what I ate yesterday:

3 comments:

  1. I love that you have such detailed records of your eating. I think that slowly adding in a few calories is a great way to figure out where the "maintenance magic number" is for you. For me, it's probably about 2000. I don't count calories per se, but that's my estimate which is probably pretty accurate.

    You should be so proud of yourself and all you have accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it took me over a year to lose what you lost in 4 months. I think I just went straight to maintenance lifestyle, skipped the weight loss part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you ! add a little here and there and see where it leads you ! Slowly adding is best anyway ! Love your stat list ......my husband suffer from my diet ramblings too !

    ReplyDelete