Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 113 - Mixed Success

I had an amazing time in Montreal with my girlfriends, but I have to report mixed success on the eating front. I did really well for the first two days, I ate light made good choices and stopped eating when I was full... BUT, the last evening, I sort of decided to reward myself by ordering what I wanted, and I ate WAY too much. I crumbled when the bread basket came, and I ordered grilled octopus and rack of lamb. I had three drinks and THEN we all went out for a midnight dessert at a Crepe Restaurant. I had a nutella and banana crepe with vanilla ice cream. It was one of the best things I've ever eaten, so even now I'm having trouble mustering up much guilt about it...

Yesterday on the drive home, we stopped at McDonald's and I had a McChicken Meal... I guess I was just feeling pretty far off track so I shrugged my shoulders and said "oh well".

When I got home at about 3pm, I met up with a friend to do my 20km training run. It took 2 hours and 13 minutes, and I felt terrible! There is a reason why runner's are careful with their diets... ugh! I had stomack cramps and indigestion the entire way and I really felt like I was going to throw up...

The run burned about 1400 calories, but then we didn't have any food at home and my husband and I went out for burritos for dinner...

Anyway, water under the bridge. I'm back on track today, but I'm holding off a few days for my weigh-in, because I feel really bloated and icky...

No comments:

Post a Comment