Thursday, September 24, 2009

Day 129 - When You Get Sick...

When you get sick, it is hard to stay the course with healthy eating and exercising (especially the exercising!). Starting yesterday morning, I began to feel a cold coming on. I guess I got the "back to school" fall cold before my kids even got it!! Even though I wasn't feeling that great, I got out to run yesterday after work, I just did an easy 5km, but when I got home I felt worse than I did on Sunday after I ran the entire half marathon!!

My plan was to run today too, take tomorrow off and run Saturday and Sunday, but I will see how I feel tonight, I might adjust that schedule.

Eating wise, I am doing well. I haven't continued to drop weight this week (at 1500 per day) like I did last week at 1400. I hope that doesn't mean that 1500 is my maintenance level... I was hoping to get higher! I don't think it is, that would mean that all this time I only had a 200 per day deficit? I never would have lost the weight so fast, if that were the case. I suspect that my body had adjusted to the very low calorie intake and is now "hoarding" this extra fuel! What I will do, if I stay the same weight through to Monday, is do a second week at 1500 before I increase again. Honestly, it's no hardship, I feel like I am eating a ton!

Yesterday, I had my oat bran with mashed banana and some mini chocolate chips sprinkled on top... Yum, what a treat. When the kids saw it, they were complaining how unfair it was, so this morning I made some for them too.

2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha ! See how easy it is to get kids to eat healthy ! Just add chocolate chips !

    Your doing great with the calorie thing ! I am sure you can upp it with still not seeing a gain , but do it at your own comfort level . Or try adding a little splurge meal over the weekend , nothing crazy just something yummy and different. What ever you do, do what feels right to you. You know your body and your in an experimental stage right now. You will find what works for you.

    This is what I found so horrible about maintenance when I first started ...... I wans't too keen on experimenting , and playing around with the weight loss I worked so hard to attain ! But unfortunately there is no set way to maintain like there is to diet, so you just have to kind of walk through it blind for a while !

    Your doing fabulous though ! I haven't heard you melt down once yet ! I think I must have freaked out at least 5 times in the first week alone !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably eat about 1700 to 1900 calories a day. I'm 5'9.5" if that helps you at all. I don't count calories exactly, but guessestimating here.

    You will figure it out. You are doing a lot of exercise, so I'll bet that you will be able to eat more than 1500. Just increase it at your own pace until you figure it out.

    I hope that you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete