Friday, September 11, 2009

Day 116 - Coffee and Tea and Club Soda

Those are the only things I drink (well besides water). I usually drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning, then I have a big mug (or two) of green tea with my lunch, I have a club soda with my dinner and a decaf coffee after my dinner. I drink water between my meals and during my drive back and forth to work. I try to never drink my calories.

I like my coffee with just the tiniest splash of skim milk. Truly, it is a ridiculously small amount that I like. I've tried drinking it black, but find it a little harsh, so I take a spot of milk (I've measured and it's about 1/2 tbsp per large mug). I don't bother logging this, I know there are a small amount of calories in it, but it really doesn't seem to be hurting my weight-loss efforts... so "shrug".

The reason I am telling this story, is because right now (on Friday morning), I have sitting on my desk a large coffee from Tim Horton's that has double cream. I won't be drinking it...

Each Friday one of my co-workers stops on his way to work and buys two coffees, one for me and one for himself. About a year ago when he started bringing me this treat, I told him that I "took milk" in my coffee. After a few weeks, I found I just didn't like the taste of the coffee, so I asked him one day, if it was milk, or cream... he said he ordered a "double". At Tim Horton's that gets you two CREAMS! So I asked (very nicely) if he could get me single milk next time, because I am watching my weight (that was a mistake to mention my weight). He made some sort of a caustic/sarcastic remark about "dieting", and that it was stupid to deprive myself. I assured him that I actually prefer the TASTE of milk in my coffee (which is absolutely the truth) and he said "whatever!".

I still get the coffee every single Friday morning, but I am almost 95% sure, it still has double cream (not milk). I really don't want to be ungrateful, he buys this for me, and it is very nice. But I usually dump it down the sink in the kitchen and re-fill the cardboard cup with coffee from our office machine (and put in my 1/2 tbsp of skim milk)...

Don't know what to do about that, but I will probably just go on wasting a perfectly good cup of coffee because I'm too much of a chicken/wimp/pansy to say anything again and invite a whole bunch of nasty comments about "dieting"...

Here is my chow from yesterday (I've started having my daily toasted avocado, tomato, laughing cow sandwich on rye bread - delish! and less calories than the sandwich thins I've been having!):

3 comments:

  1. I think you've done all you can do as far as the coffee buying co worker...... I guess down the sink it goes. I don't think your w whimp at all !!! He sounds like no matter how you tried to explain it , he would never get it anyway ....so why waste your breath ! Just say thanx and do what you've been doing !

    BTW i am going to try the avacodo, tomoato, LC cheese on rye ! It sounds yummy ..... I think I will make it this weekend ! Thanx for the mentioning it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Susan - down the sink it goes. It's interesting that he might be secretly sabatoging your desire to cut back on the amount of cream you use.

    I've never had an avacado in my life! I know I'm strange. Maybe I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't ever eat/drink something because you don't want to ruffle feathers. If it isn't what you want or it doesn't work for you, toss it out.

    I don't like cream in my coffee either! I drink milk in mine, but I take a lot and make cafe au lait, so I have to count it :D

    ReplyDelete