Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 119 - Maintenance is a SCARY place

Try to guess the first emotion I felt when I stepped on the scale this morning and saw that I was below maintenance weight.

Was it Elation? Triumph? Happiness? Relief?

No. No. No. No.

Fear. I felt fear.

What now? I've lost the weight. I don't want to lose more. I want to hover in and around 130lbs for good.

How do I do that? Obviously, I need to eat more, or I will continue to lose. But how much more? More of what? More of the same stuff, or should I add in treats? Should I start eating snacks, or make my meals bigger? Should I continue to avoid "trigger foods"? Or should I let myself indulge a little? How often should I weigh myself? How much should I let my weight fluctuate? What should be my trigger to go back to a calorie deficit?

YIKES. I really don't know what to do now. I've lost weight so many times before I am total PRO. But I am completely green and untested when it comes to maintenance.

Let the fun begin...

1 comment:

  1. Take a deep breath ...... I know so well how you feel ! It is a whole lot of trial and error, and at the begining I had more meltdowns than I care to mention. The one word of wisdom I can give you is this..... Do not expect to be 130 or below all the time. It is NORNAL for your weight to fluctuate 1-5 lbs. above your goal weight ! So do yourself a favor and relax, experiment with add ing a few more calories, or possibly go higher in calories one day lower the next. Try ro figure out how to balence it all..... I promise after2-3 months it won't be so scarey anymore...... oh and BTW ..................... Congrats on hitting your goal weight !!!!!!!!!! HURRAY FOR YOU !

    ReplyDelete