Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day 108 - Crap-tastic Lunch

Well, I went out for lunch yesterday with my parents and my aunt and uncle that I haven't seen since my wedding (unavoidable - I couldn't possibly say NO).

And I REALLY REALLY did TRY to be good, I swear. I promise. Cross my heart. I totally THOUGHT I was making the BEST menu choice possible...

I ordered the EXACT same thing that I did the day before (but at a different restaurant). The grilled vegetarian sandwich on foccacia with salad and no dressing. WELL... this time, it was NOT healthy, I could tell! It was very greasy (I think the vegetables were fried, not grilled). Also there was pesto spread on the foccacia... it was delish though! Crappy AND fantastic. Crap-tastic!

I was a little upset, I tried so hard to order good stuff, but it can be a real crap shoot sometimes. I think I need to learn to start asking more questions in restaurants... How are the vegetables cooked? Is there oil or anything spread on the bread?

I tried to figure out the calories as best I could and then I had a very light dinner to help compensate. I went for a run last night (10km), and weighed myself this morning.. no damage done... (phew! I feel like I dodged a bullet!)

Now I have two days of clean eating before the bachelorette party in Montreal...

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when that happens! That exact thing has happened to me before. I learned to ask lots of questions, because you just never know from the description.

    I'm so impressed with your running - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you gave that crappy lunch a chance to show up on the scale ! WOW! You are awesome ! Your so right, eating out is so hard. I think you did great ! You played a little ...... and you paid later !

    ReplyDelete