Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 106 - Frustrated with Unavoidable Splurges

I get so completely frustrated when unavoidable events derail my eating regime. I'll give you two examples from this week coming up...

On Tuesday (today), I have been invited to a lunch meeting for a colleague that is retiring soon. So, I have to eat my lunch out in an Italian Restaurant that has very few (if any) options that would come close in calories to what I usually eat at lunch... Then, Tuesday evening (the very same day) I have my monthly bookclub meeting. This means that I can't compensate for lunch with a lighter dinner, because I will be a guest in somebody's home with no control over the menu!!

If that wasn't bad enough...this weekend coming up, I am heading to Montreal for the Bachelorette Party of a good friend. This will mean, two lunches, two dinners and two breakfasts in restaurants, and I can't go to a bachelorette party and get away with not drinking (I don't want to be a party pooper)...sigh. How will I survive that?

I am only 1.4 pounds from my goal weight, and with these unavoidable events all packed into one week what are the chances I will get to my goal weight by Monday???

Chances are low, I'd say.

It just frustrates me SO MUCH, because to be truthful, I would much rather eat my own food at home...

Anyway, here are a couple of photos of my dinner last night. Huevos Rancheros (comes to 420 very yummy calories). I had an appointment with my personal trainer at 6:30, so I had to eat my dinner early, before the family (I made spaghetti for them).





Steamed brussel sprouts might seem like an odd thing to eat on the side with some Huevos Rancheros, but I really love me some brussel sprouts!

1 comment:

  1. Those Huevos Rancheros look so delicious!! That's one meal I'd written off when I started my plan, but you've inspired me to go find a healthier recipe!!

    I hope that you're able to find some healthier options today and can maybe still have a good chance at making your goal weight by next week!! Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete