Monday, August 31, 2009

Day 105 - Blogging Absense and BIG clothes

I know that whenever I notice that a weightloss blogger hasn't posted in several days, I am immediately concerned that they are "off their game" and struggling. I haven't posted for 6 days, but I want to assure you that this is not the case with me. I'm doing fantastic. We were away for the weekend camping and I stuck to my plan the entire time! I weighed in this morning and was down to 131.4 (SO CLOSE TO GOAL!!)

Something else I did this weekend is clean out my closet and throw out all my ill-fitting clothes. I've lost weight countless times before and this is something that I have never done. Maybe I just never had the confidence in myself to take that step.

This time, however, I have thrown out (or donated) every piece of clothing in my closet that is currently too big. Yes, I realize that if I gain weight back, I will have nothing to wear, and I will have the most unpleasant task of having to go clothes shopping at a bigger size. But that is a risk that I am willing to take, because I truly believe (for the first time) that this isn't going to happen to me again!

I did hesitate a little about this because even my husband, as supportive as he is, was dubious about me throwing out all the "big" stuff. I found this a little upsetting... "he doesn't think I can do it". But in his defense, I have a really crappy track record! So, I'm not going to let his doubt get me down, no, I'm going to use it to fuel my determination. I'll show him!!

2 comments:

  1. I completely support your decision to throw away the big clothes. I only kept an ugly plaid jumper, a big ugly T-shirt, and a maternity shirt.

    As I threw away the old fat clothes, it was as though I was saying, "I'm never going back."

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! I remember doing the "throwing away all the fat clothes " thing ! It feels good doesn't it? It means your never going back ! I am glad you did it ! Out with the old ! Have fun shopping for the new ! As of this moment, I have nothing for fall/winter. I am looking forward to a shopping spree soon !

    ReplyDelete