Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 86 - Freedom from Spanx

When I am bigger, I often resort to wearing Spanx-like undergarments, especially when I am dressed up for a special occassion. The ones I liked were sort of like bicycle shorts, they had a high waist and went down almost to my knees (so they wouldn't cut in and leave tell-tale dents). It would give me a certain sense of security... I know they didn't make me look thinner, but those stretchy, tight shorts would reduce the jiggle factor and the lumpiness. They were far from comfortable though! I would never quite forget that I was wearing them, and I would have to run to the ladies room constantly to discreetly tug them back down (they would sometimes ride up my legs). I was also super paranoid about somebody seeing them. If I crossed my legs while sitting down I would always be checking to make sure my skirt was covering them.

When I am thin, I enjoy my freedom from these compression torture devices.... uh, I mean...undergarments. I can wear a dress with my normal undies, and feel perfectly fine! This is a great feeling. I threw my Spanx away this past weekend. I have no intention of ever needing them again! I tried them on before I chucked them, and they were sort of loose. Not much point having compression undergarments that don't compress anything!

Yesterday was vegetarian day at our house. I made eggplant parmesan. It was very good, and my husband reported that it filled him up! My husband is not home for dinner tonight, so I am taking the opportunity to have something that I've been craving for a while..... French Toast! Yum, I can't wait. I will make a lightened version, and I will keep within my calorie range...

Here's my daily recap:

No comments:

Post a Comment