Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 94 - It's my Birthday and I'll Binge if I want to...

KIDDING!!!

In my post yesterday, I wrote about getting a little crazy with my eating last year on my birthday (OK, a LOT crazy). I used my birthday to rationalize some very unhealthy choices, and I ended up not enjoying my food as much as I would have otherwise. I also wrote about how I wasn't going to do the same thing this year...

And I won't. BUT. Here is something else that I am not going to do.... I'm not going to restrict myself to the point that I feel deprived on my birthday.

So, I have a plan (it's all about planning, BABY!). I am going to eat the exact same breakfast and lunch as I do everyday... my coworkers have already offered to take me out to lunch, and I said "no thanks! I am going out for a special dinner tonight, and I want to save myself for that. Thanks for the offer though!"... and they said "BOOO! You're no fun". And maybe they're right, but if I'm going to be "boring"... I am at least going to be "thin and boring!!". HA!

After work, I am going out for a 10km run (which will burn in the area of 600-700 calories) and then I am going to order whatever I want for dinner. An appetizer and a main course, and possibly even a dessert if I still have room. The fancy dinner will be my ONLY splurge for the day, and not an excuse to say "oh well, today is already messed up"... I think that's a good compromise!

We are going to an aboriginal bistro... they have lots of interesting things like boar bacon, and bison... I'll report tomorrow about what I chose...

I had a good day yesterday. I had grilled salmon and veggies for dinner, which ended up being lower in calories than my usual dinner... but it was great because I had room for a nice snack when I got back from my 7km run...

1 comment:

  1. Boar bacon and bison? Okay, I'll have to think about that one for a while! Just kidding.

    Have a great day, it sounds like you have a great plan in place!! Enjoy your dinner, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete