Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 78 - 30 Pounds Gone

Well, I weighed in and have officially lost 30lbs! Wow. I have only just a little less than 10 pounds left until my goal!

My cottage party weekend went very well. I am happy with myself and I didn't gain any weight. I pretty much just ate exactly the same food as I would have eaten at home, plus I drank some beer. But I ran in a 10km race on Saturday morning, and I ran a 16km training run yesterday. So that more than made up for my beer consumption, I think...

My 10km race went very well. I shaved 6 minutes of my 10km time. I ran it in 56:48. I am very happy with this result. It was very hard. I felt like I was sprinting the whole time, and there were lots of hills.

My 16km run yesterday went well. I felt good and I am in good shape today, except for a HUGE blister between two of my toes that is causing me to limp a little. I hope it toughens up by tomorrow.... I am going out for dinner and I want to get a 10km run in beforehand.

I have created a little graph to compare my calorie intake to my calorie needs for the month of August. For my calorie needs, I added my BMR to the extra calories I burned each day. I realize my calorie needs might actually be slightly higher, because I haven't accounted for any other activity I do (e.g. walking around, chewing gum - lol - etc). The dark red bar is my calorie requirement, and the green bar represents what I actually ate that day. The red line is a moving average of my calorie requirements, and the green line is an average of my calories eaten.

My goal is to keep the green line under the red line as much as possible. Even though there are a couple of days where the green bar went higher than the red bar, the average (for the most part) was good. There was one period where my average intake was over my calorie needs (due to a binge!). But overall, it didn't hurt me too much... I have been creating this chart every month since I started losing weight on May 19, and I have only had my average intake (green line) cross the red line 3 times, which is pretty good, I'd say.

My goal for maintenance will be to try to close the gap a little between the two lines, while keeping the green line slightly lower (to still make up for the times when the lines cross!)...



And here is what I ate yesterday. I did a lot of exercise but strangely I wasn't that hungry... today, however, I am famished.... I guess it caught up with me! I will listen to my hunger cues and eat a little more today...

No comments:

Post a Comment