Friday, August 7, 2009

Day 81 - No More Pretty Toes!!

Well, I am learning the hard way that pretty toes and distance running can't co-exist. My toes are a wreck! I have blisters in between them, and some of my toenails are turning black. Yesterday I had to stick a sterile needle up under two of my toenails to burst blood blisters and relieve the pressure (ICK!). I'd post pictures of them, but on the off chance that I have ANY readers, I don't want to scare them away! I think I am resolved to live with ugly toes though. If running helps me to regulate my weight... well frankly I'd rather be thin with ugly toes than the reverse!

Since I won't post a picture of my toes, I'll instead post a picture of me running in my 10km race this past weekend, since I haven't posted any pics before. I am about 138lbs here, and I have 8lbs left until my goal weight. I will pretty much look the same as this once I reach goal... those last 8lbs will just give me a little more "breathing room" in my skinny jeans!



Here is what I ate yesterday. I made a very yummy light quiche from the Eating Well website. I left out the meat and made it vegetarian for our weekly "veggie night". It had a crust made with Phyllo pastry and it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment