Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day 79 - Maintenance Plan

As usual, when I start getting really close to my goal weight, I start to worry about maintenance. Maintenance is usually where I eff everything up. Usually what I do is eat a few huge meals or have a binge and then I'm afraid to weigh myself... I will keep thinking that I will get everything back under control and THEN weigh myself, but I don't...

I think that I need establish a few "rules" to help get me through. I am hoping that once I have a few months of maintenance under my belt, it will get easier...

Maintenance Plan

1. Maintain Awareness! I must weigh myself every single day, with no exceptions. Yes, I might have "sticker shock" if I've been out for a big meal the night before... but no more denial, I have to weigh myself every single day (even Boxing Day!).

2. I will start maintenance when I hit 130lbs. I will not try to lose a few more "buffer pounds". (I've tried to do this before and never ended up reaching maintenance... I was always thinking "just a couple more"... BAD!!)

3. I will maintain my weight within a range (no more freaking out over a 0.6lb fluctuation!). My range will be 130-135. If the scale says 135 (or more) for more than two days in a row... I will reign in my calorie intake before things get out of control.

4. I will continue to count my calories (I will just eat a little more). I will adjust my calories through trial and error.

5. My extra calories will be used to eat more healthy foods (e.g. healthy snacks or increased portions of the foods I'm eating now), not to add in junk food which may trigger overeating.

6. Continue to exercise just as much as I am now.

7. Throw out ALL the clothes in my closet that is too big for me.

That is all I can come up with right now, but I might add to this list as I go along...

Here is what I ate yesterday. I was under in my calories, which is funny because I was hungry and thought I was going to eat more. I underestimated. Usually I sit down right after dinner and input all my calories from the day (that I've recorded on a notepad I carry around)... if I'm under, I'll go get a snack. But, I didn't have time last night, and I figured out my calories this morning (to late to go back and eat more yesterday!!). I didn't have a high exercise day... only 60 minutes of weight training, which I think burns about 200 calories or so??

No comments:

Post a Comment