Friday, August 21, 2009

Day 95 - Birthday Dinner Confession

This is pretty funny, but I think I spent nearly as much time trying to calculate the calories of everything that I ate for my Birthday Dinner as I did actually EATING it!!

I am pleased to report that I followed my plan exactly. I ate my regular breakfast and lunch, I went for a run. I was famished when I got back from run so I ate a green pepper (yes a whole green pepper) and a half a banana to tide me over, since dinner wasn't until 7pm.

At dinner, I ordered what I wanted. It was a high calorie dinner and I overate, for sure, but I don't feel bad or guilty about it because I don't consider it a "binge". Since it was a fancy restaurant, the portion sizes were pretty small. I really had to just "guess" a lot of the calories, so I could be off (who knows).

I had 3 glasses of red wine, some popcorn that they bring to the table when you sit down, a dinner roll with butter (YUM), and some seafood ceviche with about 6 plaintain chips. For my main course I had grilled guinea fowl (with skin and BBQ sauce), it came with a "potato risotto" which was sort of like a hot potato salad and steamed spinach. For dessert I had Jamaican Rum Bread Pudding with Ice Cream and caramel sauce.

I was very proud of my kids, they split an order of Rabbit Fricasse and ate it all (I didn't lie and tell them it was "chicken", either!!). I tried bites of everyone elses dinners and desserts, but I didn't log them, since I gave them bites of mine in exchange, and I figure that's probably a "wash"...

I felt really full after dinner, and I actually wasn't even hungry for breakfast this morning (but I ate it anyway)... I was also up 2lbs (but that will go away fast, I'm sure)...

Here's what it looked like... be prepared for sticker shock!!!! It's always a little surprising how fast those calories add up! And this was a fairly healthy meal in a fancy restaurant (e.g. no deep frying)...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great celebration! Wow on the calories for dinner. Not that I think it's bad, but it's just so eye opening as to how many calories are in restaurant food.

    Your kids are very adventurous! Good job all the way around. I'm impressed you could calculate all those foods so accurately.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete