Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day 122 - The Dryer is No Longer My Enemy

When I was 40 pounds heavier, I used to wear the same jeans until they were grungy, just to avoid having to wash them and put them in the dryer. I would hang nearly all my clothes to dry, for fear that they would get smaller and be uncomfortably tight. I can't tell you how many times I had to go out to buy "bigger" clothes only to have them no longer fit me once they went through the wash. If my husband did laundry and put some of my clothes in the dryer (even if the tag told him to) I would freak out on him... like it was HIS fault that I was growing out of my clothes.

This is one of the things that I really love about being thin. I can put my clothes in the dryer - almost all of it. Most of my clothes actually fit me BETTER when they are freshed washed, and my jeans get loose after a few wears, and I have to put them in the dryer just to shrink em back up again! I have some favorites that are now too big that I put in the dryer HOPING that they will come out smaller, so I don't have to discard them...

I actually took a picture of my lunch yesterday because..... I ate something different that usual (SHOCKER)! I had smoked salmon and cream cheese on a bagel (yum!)... pictured with green pepper sticks, a yoghurt, a peach and a blueberry bran vitatop with some green tea.



yeah, I know.... I didn't make it to 1400 again... I should have put real peanut butter in my oats instead of PB2, that would have done the trick! Next time!!

1 comment:

  1. Lunch looks delish ! I know what you mean about the dryer...... I never allowed my husband to touch the laundry because of worries about pant shrinkage ! Now he looks at me funny when I ask him to take some stuff out of the washer and throw them in the dryer.....he gets this paniced look on his face ! It feels good not to have to "think" as much about that stuff anymore ! Now we have other things on our minds , like how to juggle maintenance calories !

    ReplyDelete