Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 107 - One Meal at a Time and August Recap

Yesterday, I wrote about how frustrated (and stressed) I was about the unavoidable "diet land mines" that just seem to keep cropping up. After I wrote that post, I took a deep breath and told myself I'd get through it ONE meal at a time. Everytime I do well, that's one meal under my belt and one less chance to start a major week long binge.

So, I think I did very well. At the Italian restaurant I ordered a Grilled Vegetarian Sandwich on Foccaccia with a side salad. I had the salad with no dressing, and I took some of the extra cheese off the sandwich. For dinner at bookclub, I was very happy to see my girlfriend served "make your own Pizzas". She had small store bought pizza crusts that we could make up from a spread of veggies, meat and cheese and then she baked them for us. I made mine vegetarian and had only a sprinkle of cheese. She served fruit salad and nanaimo bars for dessert and I skipped the nanaimo bars! Yay me. I got through all that (and I weighed myself this morning... no damage done).

So now I feel like I still have a clean slate to tackle lunch out today (with my aunt and uncle from out of town... and the big bachorette party weekend).

I also want to post my August recap:

Daily Average Calories Consumed: 1394 calories
Daily Average Exercise Minutes: 52 minutes
Daily Average Calories Burned: 426 calories
Weight Lost in August: 11 pounds

Here is my little chart to compare my calorie requirements (red bar = BMR + Exercise) to my calorie intake (green bar). I only went over my calories requirements once (in the days surrounding my birthday). Overall, a very good month I'd say...



1 comment:

  1. That's a great weight loss for one month! Wow!

    You are right at the door of your goal weight now! Great job!

    ReplyDelete