Monday, September 28, 2009

Day 133 - Breathing A BIG Sigh of Relief

This past weekend was a huge success! I pretty much ate what I wanted for two meals (dinner at the wedding and breakfast the following morning), I tried to practice "intuitive eating", e.g. stopping when I was full, but I know I overate at both meals. The rest of the weekend, I tried to reduce my calories just slightly, but pretty much ate normally. On Saturday I did an hour of weight training at the gym followed by a 10km run.

At the wedding, I skipped the appetizers during cocktail hour and for dinner I had:
- a whole wheat dinner roll with butter
- a cup of sweet pea and basil soup with "truffle oil rain"
- chili and honey seared quail wing with a slice of chorizo on a bed of cheesy polenta (wow yum!)
- a "melt in your mouth" beef tenderloin (ate about half of a 10oz?? portion and gave the rest to my husband) served with scalloped potatoes and a few roasted veggies.
- a chocolate mousse cake in the shape of a small pyramid with a creme brule filling
- three glasses of red wine
(I skipped the midnight dessert buffet)
Estimate Calories for the wedding dinner and drinks: 1925

For breakfast on Sunday I had:
- two eggs, over easy
- four slices bacon
- pan fried style homefries
- 2 slices rye toast (1 with jam, one dipped in my egg yolks)
- 2 blueberry pancakes with sugar free syrup (I was only able to eat one)
- small slice each cantaloupe and watermelon
Estimate Calories for breakfast: 1214

I weighed myself this morning and I was 127.2! Only up 0.4lbs from Saturday morning! I was so happy to see that I can enjoy a weekend like that once in a while and not have to stress over it! I'm sure all the exercise Saturday helped. Over the course of the day I ate 2642, but I burned 835!

As promised, here is a picture of me in my dress, taken by my husband in the hotel room right before the ceremony. It's not the best picture, and I might find a better one, once all our friends start posting their pictures from the wedding on facebook...


One funny thing, I can run a half marathon no problem, but a couple of hours of dancing in high heels and my knees are a wreck! I ended up having to take Sunday off from running because I was so sore...

2 comments:

  1. You look lovely in that dress. You should be so proud of yourself for all your have accomplished, and in changing your life!!

    I can't do heels anymore. They just plain hurt me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the pic ! You look beautiful !!!!!!!!! I love , love, love that dress ! Stunning !

    ReplyDelete