Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 71 - Snacks for Dinner

Last night was my monthly bookclub meeting. It was my sister-in-laws turn to host, and I had been worrying about it a bit all weekend... my sister-in-law isn't known for her calorie conscious baking and cooking. Sure enough, she made some delicious looking individual sized desserts with ladyfingers and nutella and praline crisp and cream and chocolate (WHOA!). It was hard, but I decided not to have one... I hope I didn't insult her! They looked way too big, and I estimate they were probably around 500 calories each. I just didn't have room in my day for it! It wasn't an exercise day for me either.

She left me the extras, so I have 6 of them in my freezer. Maybe I will try one on a day that I am doing a long run!

I did very well with the dinner. There was a buffet style feast of veggie sticks, crackers, pita, dips and cheeses. I just took one dinner sized plate full and had no seconds. I counted the amounts I was taking in my head so I would remember later for logging. I didn't write anything down in front of people - I'm a little self conscious about that... and it always seems to bring out all sort of unwelcomed comments like "You don't need to lose weight"... or "loosen up, everyone needs to have treats once in a while..."

When I did sit down later to log it all, I had done very well. My judgement of amounts was pretty good. I was within 2 calories of my target for the day.

It was really a treat to have some of those snacky things, like cheese and crackers for a change. I don't really work snacks into my planning very often, because I prefer to save my calories for bigger meals. But by doing it this way... having snacky food for my meal, I was able to have a little more and really enjoy it!

Here is what it looked like:

No comments:

Post a Comment