Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 52 - Vacations

I don't know about everyone else, but if there is one thing with the potential to really mess up my healthy eating and exercise routine, it's a vacation. I usually do very well when I am at home in my routine, surrounded by my favorite healthy foods.

When I am on vacation however, all this goes out the window. There is usually less access to my low-fat, low-calories foods PLUS more temptation PLUS that "Hey, I'm on vacation!" attitude.

Normally, when my vacation is a weekend, or even a week, I just deal with the damage when I get home. Longer vacations, however, can do SO MUCH damage that it can be overwhelming. I've been known to gain up to 20 pounds on our annual 2 week vacation in Belize.

So, this is why I am already starting to freak a little about an upcoming vacation. It isn't until December, but we will be gone for a MONTH to New Zealand!!! I should be at my goal weight by then, which will make maintaining my weight that much more challenging.

For one week we will be house guests (so completely at the mercy of somebody else's grocery shopping and cooking)... and then for three weeks we will be travelling and staying in hotels and eating in restaurants. Will I be able to get Almond Milk and Laughing Cow Cheese, and Splenda etc etc? Will I be able to weigh myself? Have access to a computer to log my food? Who knows!!

I'm sure I will be writing lots more on this topic before our trip!!

Here is the food from yesterday. I did well, my Parents came over with takeout, but I suggested a cold roast chicken and salads (better than Pizza or Chinese and easier for me to track).

No comments:

Post a Comment