Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 60 - Free Meal

Before I get into this post, I just want to take a moment to say... TWO MONTHS WOO HOO!!

Yesterday, I went out to lunch at a Thai restaurant, and although I ate a MOTHERLOAD of calories, I think I had a good day overall... I weighed myself yesterday morning and then again this morning and I was down 0.8 of a pound (over the day), so to me that means I didn't do any damage. The reason I am so happy about that is because, I am going out for dinner tonight, and I wanted to feel OK about having a "free meal".

I know that in my post earlier this week, I said that I don't take weekly planned "cheat meals"... and that is true, I don't. But I do relax on my plan sometimes, when the occasion calls for it. Tonight, I am going to a really nice "Asian Fusion" restaurant ALONE with my husband (no kids! Which is RARE)... and while I don't want to go crazy, I do want to just eat what I want. An appetizer, a meal, and maybe even a dessert (if I have room). Plus a glass of wine!

I don't want to have to scour the menu to pick the LEAST BAD options. I just want to have what I WANT to have. It's a fancy restaurant, so portions will be on the small side anyway.

Do I sound to everyone like I am trying to rationalize or justify being bad? That's how I sound to myself. But I think that's a bad attitude, I am not going to be "bad", this isn't bad, I am just going to have a reasonable, enjoyable meal, that will probably be higher in calories than my normal meals. But I will be right back to normal Saturday morning!

Here is my food from yesterday. The calories for the thai food is just a guestimate, but I think it's probably close. I looked at a bunch of different restaurant sources (that post nutritional info and serve Pad Thai). I also just tried breaking down the ingredients (i.e. 1.5 cups cooked egg noodles, 3 med sized shrimp, 2oz pork, 1 egg, 2 tbsp crushed peanuts, 2 tbsp oil for frying etc etc). Obviously, I had to guess the amounts, but after so long counting and measuring my food, I think I have a pretty good eye for these things. I also have no idea how much oil they used for frying, but 2 tbsp for one serving would be a lot, so I went with that to be safe.

I also went running after work (before dinner). Usually, I wouldn't be able to run at this time of day, because I would be low on fuel, but I guess my nice big "carby" lunch tided me over and fueled my 7.5km run beautifully... then I had the bowl of cereal right before bed so that I wouldn't go to sleep hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment