Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 45 - 10 KM Race

Yesterday, I successfully completed my first 10km race... in 1 hour, 1 minute and 44.1 seconds!! And... the best part... wait for it... I burned 744 calories doing it!!!

It was amazing, I can't even imagine what it will feel like to complete a half marathon, if I EVER get there!!

To treat myself after such an active morning, I ate BBQ chicken for dinner with the SKIN ON!! Wow, what a treat, it was so yummy!

Here's what I ate yesterday (I took advantage of the high calorie need day, to add some extra yummies into my morning pre-race bowl of oatmeal... it kept me full all morning, even after I raced!):

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I did my first 10k last May with a similar time and just felt so amazing afterward. I have hardly run since and I really want to get back into it! Read this has pumped me up to go for a run today.

    ReplyDelete