Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 65 - Upsets and Obstacles

My sister-in-law e-mailed yesterday because she wanted to get together with us tonight, her brother is in town and she wants us to meet him. My first inclination was to just invite them over for dinner, but frankly my house is a mess, and I just don't have time to clean it for tonight! So, I e-mailed back and suggested that we all get together for dinner at a restaurant (pizza or something). This is actually the last thing that I want to do tonight! I want to eat good! I was planning on doing lunch out on Friday with my co-workers this week (because I've been turning them down for WEEKS!!)...

I still haven't heard back from her, so I don't really know what's going on with dinner. I took my planned pork tenderloin out the freezer this morning "in case"... This is the sort of thing that just gets to me. Yes, I want to see them and Yes, I want to meet her family... but WHY does it always have to be at the expense of healthy eating plan!!

If we end up going, I will just have to manage. I will order a thin crust, vegetarian pizza, light on the cheese... and eat my own separate from everyone else's!

Yesterday, I did very well. I tried making coconut rice using a canned coconut juice with pulp. It was sweetened, so the rice turned out a little too sweet for my liking, but it was still good. I walked to the gym for weight training (15 minute brisk walk, and 60 minutes of weights), and then I ran home taking a longer 5km route (30 minutes).

Here is my food (I had a bagel with peanut butter and banana for breakfast as a treat - YUMMMO!)

No comments:

Post a Comment