Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 63 - Survived the Free Meal!

Every Sunday morning I have toast made with my homemade bread. LURVE the toast! Sadly though the toast doesn't seem to tide me over until lunch as well as cereal or oatmeal. Since I've been training for my half marathon, my long runs fall on Sunday mornings and my toast doesn't provide quite enough fuel. I've toyed with the idea of switching my toast morning to Saturday instead, but what I tried this week was having two scrambled eggs with my toast. It made for a higher calorie breakfast (535), but when you burn 850 calories running 12km right afterwards, I'm not sure that's very big issue!!

So, from now on, I will be rocking the Toast and Scrambled Eggs on Sunday mornings!!!

My weekend was good. I went out for "date night" with my husband on Friday, and by all estimates, I consumed about 2273 calories that day. I have no idea whether I estimated the calories for dinner well, I felt like I was eating about 3000 calories at dinner alone... Here's what I had:

Drink: 1 Mojito (and then I switched to Perrier)

Appetizer #1: Vegetarian Gyozas (there were 4 but I gave one to my husband)
Appetizer #2: Edamame (split with my husband)

Main Course: Grilled Flank Steak with plain steamed rice and some tempura vegetables and shrimp with a miso cream sauce (very yummmy - steak was lean and small portioned, a couple tablespoons of cream sauce and about 3/4 cup rice and 6 pieces of tempura, I gave a slice of steak to my husband and then cleaned my plate.)

Dessert: Tempura Banana and Ice Cream (shared with husband - so 1/2 banana and 1/2 scoop ice cream)

I tried not to have any more "splurges" for the rest of the weekend, but I did a lot of exercise so I didn't want to go too low, either (Saturday - 1393 calories) and Friday (below):

No comments:

Post a Comment