Friday, October 30, 2009

Day 165 - Weekend is Free and Clear

For the first time in I don't know HOW LONG... I have a weekend coming up that is free and clear of FOOD DANGER ZONES... I get to eat all my meals at home this weekend! We do have a Halloween Party on Saturday night, but it starts at 8pm (so I will eat at home before I go)... and I won't drink because I will be the designated driver anyway... other than that, I get to have my regular meals.

This is great, because for about the next 6 weeks after that, we have something on every single weekend. Next weekend is a biggie - a Fall Dinner Dance related to my husband's work. We usually go to a Pre-Dinner party in somebody's hotel room (lots of yummy appetizers), a gourmet 4 course dinner at the event (with unlimited booze)... then we stay over at the hotel and go out for Sunday brunch the next day... That one will be REALLY hard to navigate!!

Then there are other countless Christmas Parties and Events coming up over the next few weeks. And my husband and I have a gift certificate for a dinner for two at a fancy restaurant that he was given last year as a gift from a work contact. It expires at Christmas... so we have to use it before we leave for New Zealand... YIKES!!!

My eats from yesterday were pretty good. I am finding it really hard to get my calories up. I feel like I am eating ALL day long, and then I sit down at the computer around 9pm and figure it all about and I'm usually under 1500. I want to be eating closer to 1600 (so that I average at about 1700 after the weekends). But it's 9pm, and I just finished dinner, and I don't really like eating just for the sake of it right before I go to bed...

2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your weekend! I'm gettin' nervous about all the parties and holiday events coming up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never tell you to shove it ! I am always open to your input ! I agree, I need more veggies, thanks for the suggestion , we are going food shopping tonight and I plan on stocking up !

    I am terrified of the Holidays ! I hope I walk away unscathed ! I am going to try to keep in mind, that how things turn out food-wise are entirely in my control.......I make the choices and I can choose well ......or not ! That is going to be my mantra ..... I am in control ......I am in control..... I make the choices !!!!!!!!
    Wish me luck ! I have no doubt you will do fantastic ! You are SO in control !

    ReplyDelete