Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 140 - Restaurants can be Frustrating Places!

I weighed in this morning and my weight is holding steady. I was 126.6.

On Friday night, my husband and I went out with a group of friends to an Italian Restaurant. There were 14 of us for dinner. I had gone on-line and planned out my dinner from the restaurant website and I felt good, I had a solid plan!! I ate my regular breakfast and lunch, and I went out for a 10km run after work, to help burn off some calories in advance...

When it came time to order my dinner, I had a moment of extreme temptation (I was really tempted by a pasta dish on the specials board that had italian sausage and goat cheese and pinenuts)...BUT, I am proud to say I stuck with my original plan and felt good once I put in my order.

When I gave my order I did it discreetly with the waitress. I ordered a side salad to start (mixed greens and tomatoes) with a wedge of lime instead of dressing (I actually like squirting a wedge of lemon or lime on my salad instead of dressing!). For dinner I ordered a vegetarian pizza with just a "sprinkle" of mozzarella and a glass of white wine. WELL.... when they brought everyone else's meal out mine was missing. The manager comes over and says, "When your pizza came out it still had too much mozzarella for my liking so I sent it back and asked the kitchen to do it again!" I found this a little strange (I mean it was nice and all) but just thought it was funny that he was judging how much mozzarella I wanted (??). Then all my friends started asking, "is there a problem??".... "did they mess up your food".... I said - "no no, it's ok, but it's going to be a few more minutes so please everyone start, I don't want yours to get cold"...

THEN, the waitress comes out, and says LOUDLY so the whole table can hear, "I'm so sorry, I wrote "light cheese" on the order, but I guess they put more than you wanted." I mutter, "it's fine"....

THEN, the girl filling our water glasses makes a comment, "don't worry, your LIGHT pizza will be up soon"!

One of my friends then chimes in.... "LIGHT PIZZA??? You aren't on a DIET are you?".... I say, NO NO, I just don't like tons of cheese on my pizza, so I asked for less, I didn't realize it would cause the whole restaurant to go in a tizzy!!

I finally got my pizza, and there was just the perfect amount of cheese and it was delicious, it was a 12" thin crust and I ate half (my husband had the rest for lunch on Sunday). I just got very upset that I tried to discreetly order something healthier and the restaurant staff completely "OUTS" me to everyone... this is not the first time this has happened to me....

Anyway, here is my food from yesterday (Sunday). The turkey soup for lunch was served at my bookclub meeting at a friends house, so I had to guess the amounts/calories. I also did a 16km run in the morning, which took about 1 hour and 45 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I give you a lot of credit. I never ask for things made my way when eating out . I always feel like I am being a pain ! I wish I could be like you and ask for exactly what I want and how I wnat it !!! The way I look at it is, you obvoulsy look hot, and the light cheese is how you stay that way ! No need to be embarrassed about that !!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe you inspired someone along the way to keep the calories lower !

    ReplyDelete