Friday, October 2, 2009

Day 137 - At What Point May I Declare Success?

Although I think it is still WAY too soon to declare success, I really feel like I have made good progress since I've switched my goal from weight loss to weight maintenance!

Here are some of the things I have noticed:

1. While I haven't gotten my calories EACH DAY up as high as I thought I would, I have had more "relaxed days" than I did before, which averages out...

2. In the 18 days since I've declared "maintenance" I have eaten an average of 1535 calories a day (with a high of 2642 and a low of 1221).

3. I get less stressed out about restaurant meals and special occassions. I've had a few now, and as long as I go back to normal the next meal, they haven't hurt me at all. I am also becoming more confident in my ability to have "reasonable indulgences"!!!

4. I haven't binged since Sept 7 (25 days and counting), and since I switched to maintenance I haven't felt an overwhelming urge to do so...

5. I still have days where I "feel" less thin than others - tummy bloat days, bad outfit days, and I still get a "food baby" when I overeat at one sitting.... BUT the scale says I'm still thin, so I just move on....

6. The scale fluctuates each day by 1-2 pounds or so.... I've noticed a trend that it goes down the day after a run and up the day after a rest day (probably fluids lost during my runs)...

7. Counting calories is my comfort zone and I'm not ready to leave it yet... maybe someday, but not yet...

8. Everyday gets just a little bit easier... soon it will be a piece of cake right??? ooooohhhhhhh caaaake.... (just kidding!)

Had the bean soup for dinner last night that we were supposed to have on Wednesday night... I had mine with a half serving of Tostitos "Scoops" chips, that I used to scoop up the soup... it was almost like eating nachos... yum! That was the sort of treat that isn't CRAZY, but I probably wouldn't have done it in weight loss.

2 comments:

  1. Wow ! You an I do a lot of things alike. I've noticed a lot of the same things too ! I am so impressed with you ! You haven't freaked out once ! My first few months I was the freak out QUEEN! Your doing amazing ! Isn't that little bit of moderate freedom awesome !

    BTW , thanks for all the PB / chocolate ideas ! :) Yum !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done an amazing job with your weight loss, and are continuing to do so with your weight maintenance.

    I think for me, it wasn't until I had maintained for a year that I really started to feel like I had learned the lessons and taken them to heart.
    That's just what worked for me.

    I love how you are so deliberate about what you eat, and how your exercise. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete