Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 154 - A Personal Best

Had a really great weekend!

On Saturday night, we went to a wedding... I did very well at the dinner. The food really wasn't that good, so it wasn't too hard. I intended to skip the bread basket, but I was starving and it looked very good. The rolls were small and I had one with one of those little plastic containers of butter (how much are in those anyway?? a tsp? 2 tsps?).

In the end, I was glad I had the bread, because it turned out to be the ONLY good thing they served us. The salad was boring and PRE-DRESSED (which I hate) with bottled dressing. My heart sank when the main course came out and it was a chicken breast smothered in cream sauce (with carrots, cauliflower and mashed potatoes). I ate all the veggies, but there weren't many. The chicken breast was huge, and dry and I scraped all the sauce off. I only ate the half the chicken, which was my normal serving size of meat... I was still hungry because normally I would eat two or three times that many vegetables!

Dessert was wedding cake with buttercream frosting, which I skipped without a moment's hesitation. The only thing was that I had to turn down dessert, not once but FOUR times. They plunked one in front of me and I passed it to my son, then they came and tried to give me another one (I said no thank you)... twice more they tried to serve me cake... LOL, it's a good thing I wasn't tempted!! I didn't have any wine because I was running a race Sunday morning....

Which brings me to the title of this post. I ran in a 10km race on Sunday morning. I did it in 50:43!! I came in THIRD PLACE in my age group... and 8th place out of all the women (88 women in total) and I came in 28th place overall (out of 126, including the men). I can't even describe how happy I was with those results. Racing is addictive. It's quite the rush!

I have a nice looking week ahead of me... no occassions or possible screw ups until Saturday night (going out for dinner)...

1 comment:

  1. Wow ! Your did amazingly well at your wedding , as well as your race ! I am really impressed with your results ! I hate running , but I wish I didn't ..... HIIT on the treadmill is about all I can handle ! I've tried numerous times to get into it, but it just isn't for me ! I am envious , though of anyone who is a runner. It must be such an accomplished feeling to finish a race !

    ReplyDelete