Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day 163 - Halloween is More Fun at Goal Weight

Every year my friends throw a big costume party at Halloween, and every year, the thought of trying to figure out a costume that wouldn't make me look HUGE filled me with DREAD.

So this year, I was totally and seriously tempted to dress up in something really scandalous and skimpy for Halloween... I mean in the total history of Halloween for me, I'm not sure I've ever been in good enough shape to pull of some skimpy French Maid/Cheerleeder etc costume without looking ridiculous. So, I'm thinking - why not now? I've earned it, right?

So, I went out shopping to a Halloween store and I could NOT believe how slutty 90% of the adult women's costume's were... and I thought...NOPE, NOT FOR ME, NO THANK YOU...

I will still wear something that shows off my figure (e.g. I won't be dressing up as a pumpkin)... but I don't want to look like a tart either...

My idea is for my husband to go as a Magician (cape, top hat, magic wand) and for me to go as a bunny. But the bunny costumes at the store were all "a la playboy bunny"... so all I bought was a set of bunny ears and a white tail. Maybe I will wear them with white shorts, white tights and a white t-shirt..??

Yesterday, I discovered a new amazing snack... it was so good. For 150 calories, I had 2 ryvita crisps with 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese spread on them and then 10 grapes which I sliced in half and arranged on top of the cheese. I also tried a new recipe in my crockpot for dinner. It was sweet potato chili (vegetarian night at our house). Since I had a vegetarian dinner, I had some turkey breast in my grilled sandwich at lunch, it was a nice change...

I've also decided to add my daily exercise at the bottom of my food chart. Just the minutes, not the calories burned (because I don't eat them all back...)

3 comments:

  1. Have fun with figuring out your costume !

    About the Diet Coke Cake, I use a reduced sugar mix (Pillsbury makes on ....but I am not sure they have them in CAN.) and I have made them into 1/2 c. cupcakes. It makes portioning out treats a lot easier !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even the costumes for kids are made so sexy it seems. I think the white shorts/tights/t-shirt will work great!

    ReplyDelete