Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day 157 - Motivation to Run

I find that as the evenings grow colder, and darker... it is getting harder and harder to find the motivation to get out for a run.

I have been trying to run right after work, before dinner when it is still bright outside. But, sometimes (like yesterday) I just couldn't do it, because I was too hungry. I'm a real wimp when it comes to exercising on an empty stomach...

So, I had to eat dinner and THEN go for my run after. By 7pm it was dark, and chilly and raining. But, I did it (8km, 45 minutes) and once I got home, I felt great and I was so glad I went. I don't think anything ever felt as good as peeling off my wet running clothes and getting in the hot shower, but MAN OH MAN, was it ever hard to get myself out there to begin with... I bribed myself with a snack (if I run, I can have a bedtime snack, and if I don't run... I have to skip it!)

Makes me wonder how I'll do when it's minus 20C and there is snow on the ground... I've already gone out and spent quite a bit of money on some proper winter running gear, so hopefully that investment will provide a little motivation...

Here is my food yesterday. Yes, I put baby good (pureed prunes) in my morning oatmeal... it was very good!

4 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine! I live in Florida, so that's not a problem for me (Thankfully). I like how you bribed yourself with a snack...LOL

    Love the chart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually have a hard time getting motivated too, until I get there! I love the feeling after a good workout :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me the anticipation of running in cold or rain is often times worse than the actual event! Good for you on getting out there and doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so envy runners......it just is not for me ! I'm glad you went last night ! The best feeling in the world is when you don't feel like it .....but you do it anyway !

    ReplyDelete