Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 143 - Having Bizarre Dreams

The last two nights in a row, I have had some very strange dreams.

I dreamt that I was binging. My dreams were soooo vivid, I can't even describe how vivid. The first night, I dreamt that I was baking some banana chocolate cupcakes for the kids and I had made an "icing" by combining cream cheese, peanut butter, honey and brown sugar (not a bad recipe invention for a dream!).... and for some reason I had an entire bowl of icing leftover, so I started making thick slices of toast and buttering them and then spreading this icing on them and eating them. Then I made more, and ate them. It was so good. Then I made more.... I felt bad... really guilty... then I heard my husband coming into the kitchen and I threw the last slice into the garbage (my heart was pounding)... this dream felt so real, I was berating myself in my dream "What are you doing? You are going to be up 5lbs in the morning!!"... the guilt felt so real...

Last night, I had a similar dream.... only this time it was fresh chocolate chip cookies warm out of the oven with milk....tons of them!

Both nights when I woke up and realized it was only a dream and I hadn't actually done that, I felt SOOOO relieved.

I wonder what this means?

Here's my food from yesterday (no toast with peanut butter icing or warm chocolate chip cookies to be found!!)... but I did make a really nice "lightened up" Sloppy Joe recipe with ground turkey and fresh tomatoes.

2 comments:

  1. I had a dream one night that I got up out of bed, walked into the bathroom and caught a glimspe of myself in the mirror. I had gained back all the weight while I was sleeping ......I was in my old body again ! I stood in front of the mirror screaming for my husband ! Matt ! It's all back ! All the fat is back ! ..... I woke up and was also releived ! I know it was only a dream but I still got up and checked myself out to make sure ! I've also had the binge dreams. But not since I reached goal weight. Watch..... since I said that I will have one tonight !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard it said that we either dream our fears or our hopes. I wonder if you are thinking about your weight and eating right before you go to bed?

    I hope tonight's dreams are uneventful!

    ReplyDelete