Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 147 - No Turkey Coma Here!

Just a quick post today to say that I had a fabulous Thanksgiving Weekend, and to report my findings on holiday weekends. My findings are that it IS possible to enjoy your holiday without (a) eating yourself into a coma or (b) making the entire holiday focus around food...

I had a wonderful Turkey dinner on Sunday night. I had turkey, (white meat, no skin) gravy, a small scoop of dressing and steamed brussel sprouts, potatoes, carrots and cauliflower. For dessert I made a light pumpkin tofu mousse and some pumpkin swirl brownies (I had some mousse and one small brownie). And I had a glass of wine and 3 mini quiche appetizers before dinner.

On Monday morning, I weighed myself and I was 126.6, which was EXACTLY the same as the day before. I was so pleased. I had a fairly generous thanksgiving dinner (more than I usually eat, but not an insane amount)... and WINE, and and APPETIZER, and a BROWNIE... and I weighed exactly the same the next morning.

This. Was. Fabulous.

Then last night, we had hot turkey sandwiches with leftovers (I made mine on a small whole wheat hamburger bun) with all the same side dishes and more of the pumpkin tofu mousse for dessert. And this morning 126.6 (Again!)...

Wow.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you on your successful Holiday ! Ours is still over a month away ..... I am honestly dreading the Holidays this year .... I like the safety of ordinary days !

    ReplyDelete