Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day 149 - One Month Mainteversary

Well, it has been exactly one month since I officially declared "maintenance". On September 14, I weighed 129.0 and made the official switch from weight loss to weight maintenance.

Since then, I have upped my calories twice until I arrived at an average of about 1550 a day (averaged over the week, so some days higher, a few lower). For the last 10 days or so, I've seen my weight level off (in the 126-127 area), so I stopped increasing. I told myself that if I ever dipped below 126, I would increase the calories again.

All of the sudden this morning, without warning, I weighted 125.0, (I got off the scale and back on again to make sure it wasn't malfunctioning). It was a big drop, here's the last few days (which included a big turkey dinner and lots of leftovers!)

SAT 126.6
SUN 126.4
MON 126.6
TUES 126.6 .... very consistent.... and THEN....
WED 125.0 !!!

My husband says, will you just start EATING?!? LOL, never thought I'd have this problem! I suspect that each time I increase my calories, it just takes a while for my body to adjust (because when I was eating in a deficit, my metabolism slowed accordingly)... now I'm getting the metabolism fire stoked again, it just takes a while to adjust to each increase.

So, I am officially increasing my target to 1600 per day (yeah!)...

Here's yesterday... I made a big pot of turkey soup in the crockpot. It was delicious, I added kidney beans, black beans, lentils, carrots, turnip, cauliflower, brussel sprouts and potato to the stock with about 2 cups of leftover shredded turkey meat. I calculated the calories as best I could at 1800 for the pot (contained 16 cups of soup)... it was really a guessing game - how many calories are in homemade stock?? I refridgerated the stock overnight, so I could skim the fat off... I saved myself 300 calories for my bowl of soup, but when I sat down after and figured it all out, my portion was only 189? Oops, I could have had seconds!! Hate it when that happens! It filled my up, so I guess it's OK...

Husband is out tonight at a business function, so I am making Croque Monsieurs for me and the kids.... can't wait! It's one of my favorites!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow your doing great !!!! What is Croque Monsieurs ? Sounds like some thing really good ! It is awesome when you can increase calories ! It always feels like sooo much food !!!! The soup you made sounds great too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful that you are able to increase your calories. I think you may find that 1800 - 2000 will be a maintenance level for you. Just my unofficial guess based on the level of exercise you do!

    Congrats on your one month!

    ReplyDelete