Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Day 155 - My Calorie Intake

It occured to me, that since I always post my food diary each weekday, but I almost never get around to doing so on the weekends, it probably LOOKS like I eat far fewer calories than I do, and my diet must look pretty boring - same thing day in, day out. Right now, I am targeting an AVERAGE of about 1600 per day over the week, but Monday to Friday, I stay a little shy of that target, which lets me go a little OVER the target on the weekends.

So, instead of showing yesterday's food chart (which is pretty much like EVERY other one that I put up), I will show Sunday's.

For lunch on Sunday, I made a grilled sandwich in my panini press. I tried something new (e.g. not my "go to" avocado, tomato and laughing cow)... this sandwich combination was FABULOUS! I used sourdough bread. On one slice I spread apple butter, on the other I spread laughing cow. Then I added some roast turkey breast meat and threw it in my panini press (sprayed with cooking spray), until it was all hot and melty. Wow - good!

We also had roast beef for dinner on Sunday - a rare treat. I try to limit red meat to once a week or so (and I usually end up using my red meat quota for "hamburger night" during the week)...

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing how you are so consistent in tracking every little thing that you eat!! I am impressed. You really do eat a very healthy balanced diet. I like the vanilla ice cream with the brownie at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm.... that sammie sounds good!

    ReplyDelete