Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 164 - Holy Moly! Another Vacation!

So my husband is being sent to a work conference in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and I have the opportunity to go with him for a week at the end of January!!

Awesome! Right? What could possibly be the problem?

OK, obviously I'm not expecting anyone to feel sorry for me....BUT...here's the thing.... you know that 4 week long vacation in New Zealand that is causing me so much stress? The one where I will be eating in restaurants and hotels three meals a day?? Well, I'll get back from New Zealand and I'll have ONE WEEK to get back on track with my routine and then I'll be off to Mexico where: (1) I'm probably going to want to wear a BIKINI and (2) We will be staying at a 5 star all inclusive resort where the food looks fantastic and the drinks are free...

YIKES! This just makes it even more imperative to me that I don't gain weight in New Zealand!! And it is really adding to my stress level... Good new is, that if I can make it through these 5 weeks of vacation unscathed (I am defining unscathed as 5lbs or LESS of weight gain or not going over 130lbs) than I think I can do ANYTHING!

Here is my food from yesterday... I tried a new morning cereal. It's called "Red River Hot Cereal"... the only ingredients are Wheat, Rye and Flax. It has no added sugar, low sodium, 6g of fibre and 6g of protein per serving, and only 150 calories and 3 grams of fat! I was worried because it looked a little like birdseed, but it was really good, the flax seeds stayed crunchy and rest was smooth and creamy! I cooked it in almond milk and added my usual mashed banana and 2 tsp of molasses. It kept me STUFFED until lunch. It's a KEEPER!

I dipped below my "RED LINE" this morning on the scale.... 124.8, so I am going up my calories to an average of 1700 a day...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, lucky you! But yeah, the stress is SO not cool! You've come a long way and I know you'll stay on track for this. Just remember to have fun and enjoy yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do just fabulous! I wonder where you final balance calorie range will be? Do you think between 1600 and 1800? I forget, how tall are you?

    ReplyDelete