Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 168 - Great Halloween and Bunny Pics

I had a great Halloween weekend, and I want to report that NOT ONE SINGLE piece of candy/chocolate/junk food crossed my lips (and I didn't miss it at all!). Unfortunately, I can't really say the same thing for beer... LOL.

I went to a costume party Saturday night. I ate my dinner RIGHT before we left for the party which started at 8pm, so I wouldn't be hungry (and I wasn't) so I never ate anything from the snack food spread, but I did drink my share of beer (as you can probably tell from the picture below where I am doing the Karaoke thing... not something I would normally do sober!!!). Sorry about the poor quality pics, I grabbed them from a friends facebook page...




Sunday was a good day, we had a lovely pork roast for dinner and I tried a new recipe (Braised Cabbage with Apple and Onion)... it was delicious and I got a HUGE pile of it for only 77 calories!!

I have also discovered something new that I just love doing... since I reached maintenance I have started having something "on the side" with my sandwich at lunch, usually either veggies with dip, rice chips, or soup. I recently invested in a "Magic Bullet" and I have started taking leftover veggies from dinner, throwing them in the bullet - topping it up to make one cup with vegetable broth and then I whiz it up for a fabulous soup! Sunday I had leftover Sweet Potatoes, so I made a Sweet Potato and Apple soup (yum!!). Today I made a soup with the leftover Braised Cabbage. I am finding this kind of soup is a great way to up my veggie intake (and the fullness factor) without adding many calories!

3 comments:

  1. You look HOT in your bunny costume ! Good for you!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you liked the diet coke cake ! I mad some this weekend and made them into 1/2 c. cupcakes and added some reduced sugar frosting ! They are (tiny) heaven !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a blast!!! and you are rocking that costume for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete