Friday, November 6, 2009

Day 172 - Busy Weekend Ahead

I've got an incredibly busy weekend ahead of me. With lots of potential eating hazards along the way.

I have successfully gotten through the first one - this morning, my work had a pancake and sausage breakfast for charity. I ate my regular oatmeal at home and just had coffee at the breakfast. Tomorrow night my husband and I have a fancy dinner event at a local hotel. It is an event I usually look forward to all year because the food is just INCREDIBLE. It is usually very "gourmet" which means it will not be "light" but the portions won't be huge either. I plan on just eating whatever I get served, and drinking some wine too!

We are staying over that night at the hotel and then going for breakfast in the morning. I will probably let myself "live a little" at breakfast too, but then I will have a light lunch and dinner. I plan to go for long-ish runs both Sat and Sun (which will help with all the additional calories).

None of this would worry me much, if I wasn't also going away on business Monday and Tuesday (so FOUR more restaurant meals there). I will just try my best to order food that is similar to what I'd eat at home... then back to normal right away...

I didn't have time to do up my food diary from yesterday, but my eating was pretty much "same old same old"... with calories at about 1550, and 45 minutes on the elliptical for my activity...

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy the dinner and breakfast this weekend! Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your breakfast plan was so smart. Nobody even notices if you eat - and by drinking coffee you joined in.

    Tomorrow however, I hope you have a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun this weekend ! Enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just sayin' I hope you're doing alright and I look forward to hearing how everything went! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you ok? I miss reading your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping to hear from you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really do hope that you are ok! I check your blog every day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you going to post again? We all really miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, hope all is well with you. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please let us know how you are doing!!


    Julie

    ReplyDelete