Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 171 - A Post About Nothing

Not all my posts can be deep and meaningful... sometimes it is just hard to come up with things to write about! Although I'm sure my husband would tell you I NEVER run out of things to blather on about when it comes to my weight and healthy eating.

Yesterday, Diane suggested that I try adding larger servings of the things I am already eating.... I have already done that a bit, but it's really challenging. I have this hidden fear that if I do that, I will increase my appetite and I will be hungrier all the time.... for example last night, it was vegetarian night at our house and I made a ratatouille with eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, onion, garlic, red pepper, dates and almonds, which I served over couscous. I took one sixth of the recipe which was a "normal" size plate - about 1/2 cup of couscous with 1.5 cups of ratatouille. Then I had my regular dessert and I was "uncomfortably" full after that. I couldn't possibly have eaten another bite.

This morning, I put peanut butter in my oats. That increases the calories quickly, without making me more full than usual. I also might try just adding one calorie dense treat somewhere in my day (e.g. a couple of cookies for 200 calories or some chocolate would do the trick!)

I do feel like I am getting there slowly. Right from the start, I said that I didn't want to jump to 1800 calories a day right away. I've tried that before and it didn't work for me. So, I am going slow... YES, it's taking way longer than I originally anticipated (mostly because I'm nervous about it), but I'll get there....

Here is my food from yesterday...

1 comment:

  1. Your smart to be cautious ! It will work it's self out eventually ! I think that your on the right path !

    ReplyDelete