Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 42 - Awesome Weekend Feel Great

I had a great weekend in terms of both my eating and my activity. There were several opportunities for major stumbles... (a business trip on Friday, a dinner out at a steakhouse with friends and a bridal shower with a buffet)... but given my major lapse last week on Monday, I tried really hard to be mindful of what I ate.

For my 1/2 day business trip, I packed both my breakfast and my lunch. I'm sure I looked like a huge loser, turning down the breakfast on the plane and pulling out my own breakfast, but who cares! Plane food turned out to be a Cinnamon Roll, Nutrigrain Bar and a full fat yoghurt. Probably not TERRIBLE, but who knows how calorie dense that Cinnamon Roll was. At least with my whole wheat bagel, peanut butter and banana, I knew exactly what I was eating.

At the steakhouse, I had grilled halibut and steamed veggies. I asked them to hold the butter on the steamed veggies (yay me!). The halibut fillet was 10oz! Which is just way more food than you really need to eat. I gave probably a 1oz portion to my husband to taste, and I ate the rest (oops), but I had had a good day up until that point, and it was FISH! (which is NOT the same as eating a 10oz rib steak, well unless its deep fried fish!!) I also had one glass of white wine and no dessert.

At the bridal shower, I skipped the fruity punch, drank club soda... took one sandwich-sized plate of appetizers (it was my lunch, afterall!) and skipped the dessert tray. I estimated everything as well as I could when I got home, based on what I think the ingredients were. Sometimes I think I probably OVER estimate in situations like this. For example I had three cherry tomatoes stuffed with some sort of cream cheese filling, so I logged, 3 cherry tomatoes and 3 tbsp of full fat cream cheese. Well there was probably less than 1 tbsp of filling per tomato, especially given there was some other ingredients in the filling, and it is quite possible that the cream cheese might have been light... who knows! This is just an example, but I always try to use "worst case scenario" logic when I am logging foods that I didn't cook myself.

In terms of activity, I did a 7.5km run on Friday, an hour of weight training on Saturday, and a 10.5km walk on Sunday.

Edit: I just went back and re-read this post. And I thought to myself, goodness, what a lot of boring detail... does anyone care whether I ate three cherry tomatoes and that I didn't eat a cinnamon roll on the airplane... this is just the sort of thing that I used to go on and on to my husband about non-stop (poor man)... this blog just gives me another outlet for all that useless information. Whether anybody reads it, or cares about it is sort of beside the point for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment