Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 28 - An Excellent Weekend

I had a fabulous weekend in terms of staying on plan. This was in part because we had no social events scheduled for the weekend, so there was nothing to derail me.

I was faced with temptation a few times, but I avoided it, and am pleased with myself. For example, Friday night my husband called to say he was going to be late for dinner. I had some chicken thighs marinating in a fat free yoghurt marinade and I had been planning to go running after dinner. I changed my plans and finished my 5km run before dinner. My husband called at about 7:00pm to say he was on his way home, and asked me if I wanted him to pick up dinner on the way home, and we could save the chicken for Saturday. I said nope! The chicken will only take 15 minutes on the BBQ, once he gets home, and I could wait that long!

The second temptation was Sunday morning. It was my son's last morning of Hockey for the season. My husband suggested that we all go and watch and then go out for breakfast after. This is the sort of thing that I have trouble saying no to. It's not just about the food, it is a fun family outing, and I feel bad sometimes depriving the rest of my (skinny) family from their treats. But, I said no and ate my usual breakfast at home. Next weekend is Father's Day, so maybe we'll do a breakfast out next weekend instead.

Overall, I did good...

Friday I had 1281 calories and Saturday I had 1346 (I had summer rolls with peanut sauce and rice for dinner and I had to eat three of them to fill me up... I thought it would be low cal, but it all added up!)

Here is my food from Yesterday (Sunday):

No comments:

Post a Comment