Thursday, June 25, 2009

Day 38 - Emergency

So, my husband and I have been invited to a cottage party at the beginning of August. You know what this means, right??? Bathing Suit! In front of friends! *PANIC*!! Yes, this is the emergency. It puts a whole new urgency into my weight loss efforts. While I had been casually moving along thinking, "there's no rush"... as long as my weight is going down, it doesn't matter how fast (and I was really enjoying that frame of mind), now I don't feel so relaxed about it anymore...

So, this party is 5 weeks away. There is no healthy way to reach my goal weight by then (my goal weight is 130), so I'm not even going to consider that for a second. On average, I have been losing about 2lbs per week. If I continue with that trend, I will lose 10 more pounds before the party. That will put me at about 142lb. I could be happy with that! I will probably fit into most of my "skinny shorts" and I might even feel comfortable in my bikini (but if not, I'll just bring my one-piece too)...

There! Thanks for talking me through that! I feel better now! Emergency over.

I ate very well yesterday. I ran 5km in the sweltering heat, which was tough, and then I did an hour of free weights with my trainer at the gym. After my workout I ate two Ryvita Sunflower and Oat Crispbreads with Laughing Cow spread on them. This is a GREAT snack. I am signing up for a 10km race next Wednesday, I REALLY hope I can do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment