Friday, June 5, 2009

Day 18 - My Blog Title

One day several years back, I was in a children's clothing store with my daughter, who was about 6 at the time. She was trying on a pair of pants in the changing room, which was basically just a round rod with a curtain hanging from it right in the middle of the store. There were lots of people milling around. I peeked my head in to see how she was doing, and I thought the pants looked a little snug, so I suggested that I would go and get her the next size up. And she says, "No Mommy, it's OK, my bum doesn't jiggle like yours". All around me, people were trying not to laugh. Needless to say, we high-tailed it out of there with no new pants. Since then it's been a bit of a running joke in our family, even at times when my bum hasn't been at all jiggly.

I'd say right now, it's about medium-jiggly. I am about 30 pounds heavier than I like to be, but I am also in really good shape from cardio and weight training, which helps keep the jiggle-factor at an acceptable level (the non-bathing suit jiggle factor, that is... the bathing suit jiggle-factor is still out of control).

I did well yesterday. I took a recovery day as my hip was sore from my run the day before, not sure what the problem is there, but I don't want to exacerbate the problem by over-training too much while I'm just learning to run.

Here was my food (I kept it a little low, on account of no planned physical activity):

No comments:

Post a Comment