Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day 17 - Business Meetings

I already spoke a little in an earlier post about how a business trip was the trigger that completely spoiled all my great weight loss efforts the last time (how's that for not accepting accountability???) Regardless of the fact that it was my own fault, and that I am the only one with the power to decide what goes in my mouth, the three day business trip that I took last September was a huge challenge for me. A challenge that I failed. So understandably, I am nervous for the upcoming business trip that I have planned for next week.

This time it is only one night. It will be one dinner in a restaurant, one hotel breakfast, and one catered meeting lunch. I will have to avoid plane snacks and muffins and danishes at the meeting (tough!). I will do best if I can plan ahead. Breakfast will be OK, most large hotels cater to business travelers that do not want to eat a big bacon and egg spread for breakfast. I'll be able to get a bowl of oatmeal and some fruit. It might be a little more than I would have at home, because you just never know how they cook it (in whole milk with butter and salt?) But it will probably be the best I can do.

The dinner out is a little worrisome. I will be eating out with three colleagues and I won't want to be fuss bucket in front of them. This meal will probably include an appetizer, a meal and at least one alcoholic beverage. I won't know the restaurant in advance so it will be hard to plan.

None of this is happening until next Monday, but I am already stressing out about it.

Yesterday's recap is a good one. I did a lot of exercise. I went running with my running group (30 min) and did weights with my trainer (60 min). I had a small snack when I got home, even though I wasn't that hungry, just because I thought it would do me good to get a little more fuel.

Here's the grub:

No comments:

Post a Comment