Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 30 - One Month Down

Well, I am about one month into this new weight loss effort. After one month is about the time when I usually start to feel the impact of my weight loss. It hasn't really become apparent yet to others, but my clothes are a little looser and I just feel thinner and better.

I can tell you from experience that the next month coming up is critical for me. It is fairly easy to run a calorie deficit for about a month, but in the past this is often about the time when I lost my motivation. About 2 weeks of unhealthy eating will undo all the good I've done over the last month and I'd have to start all over again. I can honestly say though, right now my motivation feels quite strong...

If I buckle down and get through the next month, the weight loss will be that much more noticeable, and my motivation will be even stronger. Also, the end will be in sight. Well, actually, I shouldn't call it "the end" that is the problem that I've had before with maintaining my weight loss. It's not the end, it is just a milestone...

I will have to give some thought to my plan for maintenance. How do I tackle it? How much should I increase my calorie intake? For how long should I continue to count my calories... forever? The thought of having to count my calories forever just makes me sad.

Last night wasn't a running night, so I got out my bike and rode to the grocery store to pick up some grapefruit for this morning. It was 10km there and back and it took me about 35 minutes. I haven't rode my bike in years, but I want to start riding more this summer.

Here is what I ate yesterday:

No comments:

Post a Comment