Friday, May 29, 2009

Day 11 - Can We Talk About Something Else?

Habitually, whenever I'm on a diet, I become completely consumed with the whole process. I usually end up talking my husbands ear off at every opportunity about anything and everything diet related. From...how many calories are in this or that...to how many pounds I've lost or am hoping to lose... to complaining about people feeding me things I'd rather not eat... I truly could go on forever on these topics. My husband is pretty good about all this, he listens and tries to pretend he's interested, but sometimes I see his eyes glaze over.

This time I am trying to do things a little differently. I am counting my calories, but trying to keep it to myself more (blog aside! LOL). I am trying not to talk constantly about health/fitness/nutrition etc. In fact, I don't even think he realizes that I've started my diet back up again. I think that's a good thing, because if I am going to make this a long term change, I can't obsess about it constantly.

I had a good day yesterday, but I didn't get out to exercise. I am planning to head out for a run tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment